If you want to maintain the health, condition, and appearance of your smile throughout your pregnancy, our team at Preston Hollow Specialists strongly recommends that you do the following things to properly care for your smile:
· Brush: Thoroughly brush your teeth every morning and every night with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Do your best to scrub each tooth and free the plaque and food particles that reside on your smile.
· Floss: Flossing will help you prevent many dental problems, so make sure you floss at least once a day—no matter what time.
· Rinse: Rinse your mouth daily with antibacterial mouthwash. Doing so will help you control the growth of plaque on your smile and it will help you prevent gum disease. All you need to do is follow the instructions provided on the bottle.
· Have a balanced diet: Have a balanced diet each day and do your best to eat the proper amount of fruits and vegetables. Also, please refrain from snacking all day. This will help you keep your teeth in tip-top shape.
· Visit your dentist: Visit your dentist every six months for a routine cleaning and checkup. When you come into our office, make sure you mention that you are pregnant so we can treat your smile accordingly.
· Control the oral acid: If you vomit frequently because of morning sickness, try rinsing your mouth with a tablespoon of baking soda and water to stop the stomach acid from destroying your teeth.
As long as you do these six things, you are on the right track toward a beautiful, healthy, and strong smile. If you have any questions or if you would like to learn more, please call 214-691-5621 today and schedule an appointment with Dr. Brody J. Hildebrand. We are happy to help you in any way we possibly can!